Since our FLL season is very short (8 weeks total and 1 down), this week we’ll be moving into programming our robot as well as designing our first robot attachments to solve a specific mission.
We’ll still overlap with our Design Phase which this week will consist primarily of analyzing the various missions, breaking them down by difficulty/type and grouping them into several distinct trip out of base solvable with multipurpose attachments. This is akin to creating, detailing and ranking a Features Request list found in real-world product development documents.
– Team building exercises
– T-Shirt Design
– General Role Assignments
– Community Outreach
– Start Robot design notebook
– Recap Robot design points
– Characterize, classify and prioritize Robot Mission problems and solutions
– Analyze and develop Robot runs out of base
– Code up a robot solution to our first mission
– Solidify our Research Project
– Brainstorm to clarify project, resources, solution and execution
– Define and assign research
– Think about marketing angle and presentation style